comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Energy

To see what a summer of moving and home-buying-or-renting does to my (one's?) writing, let's all count the cliches (but ignore the dull metaphors) in the following text, which I wrote before adding this header paragraph.

As the house hunt winds down, my energy for endless speculation and analysis about potential living spaces dwindles as well. But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel on the homefront/housefront (I hope--this one has been drawn out and very complicated), and I find myself really wanting--needing--to get back to things academic. The heaviest reading I've done in the last few weeks is an Atlantic article on why humanities majors make better managers than business majors. And it feels as if the deepest thought I've thunk is my response to that article: maybe, maybe not, but I'm sure as hell not going to test the theory myself.

Time to get back in the saddle. (Ok, so I added this cliche just for the hell of it.)

6 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Ohio; sorry we missed you in the transition.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Lance said...

Thanks. I'm sorry we missed you, too, but I hope you're making lots of new and good friends in ND (if indeed you're who I think you are).

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Doc Mara said...

Good guess. We are making new friends. We just made friends with Mr. 105 degrees today. (kind of kidding). Mirm heard me talking about you and Lee. She understands the difficulties of pulling up roots. You guys are going to rock BG.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lance said...

Lemmee get this straight: 105 in the summer and -10 in the winter? So, you must get about a weekend in October and May when it's ok to go outside? Kidding--I bet spring and fall make the summers and winters worth it. Here's to rocking Fargo and BG.

BTW, where'd you live in BG (or did you live in BG--I forget)?

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't know yet, but the 83 degree blue skies this week are hard to beat. We lived in Findlay-- not much info about BG proper. Keep rocking!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares about blog posts; we need baby pictures!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home