comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Me Drive Big Truck

Here's what I'll be driving across the Appalachians in less than three weeks:



In an earlier post, I said we'd be using PODS (Portable On-Demand Storage), but the largest "pod" is only 16 ft. long--not nearly enough for a three-bedroom, 2000+ sq. ft. home. So, it's back to the hard way.

Truth be told, I'm looking forward it. There's nothing like piloting a 26 ft. behemoth through the most rugged country in the U.S. east of the Mississippi to make you feel like a Real ManĀ®. In fact, while the picture above is a better reference for the type of truck I'll be driving, this one better captures how I'll see myself behind the wheel:















Now, I think I'll go eat some read meat . . . .

(Edited to add: "read" meat? I guess non-stop FYC end-of-year grading = attack of the homophones!)

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lance said...

That's a long drive. Did you live in KC? I grew up in Springfield, MO, and KC has always been one of my favorite towns. I especially love the Nelson Art Museum. And the barbecue. And the Chiefs (regrettable though their name may be).

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That truck is H*U*G*E ! (spencer)

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Lance said...

All caps and asterisks--I hope I'm up for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home