comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Monday, May 22, 2006

It's Go Time

In keeping with the macho ethos I've been cultivating regarding moving, big trucks, etc., I thought I'd give this post a title that, at some earlier point in my life, might have actually been something I uttered just before an enthusiastic but no doubt pathetically inept bout of amateur pugilism.

But the fact is, it really is time to go, so this blog will be out of commission for a couple days, but hopefully no more than that. In the meantime, here's something from Michael Bérubé's blog--now being guest-hosted by Amanda Marcotte and Lance Mannion--that's just plain one of the funniest damn things I've read on any blog, anywhere (this one's by Amanda):

The critical mythology of neo-conservatives is that they were once idealistic leftists and totally cool and could so get laid and knew where to buy the best weed but the tawdry stupidity of liberal beliefs ran them off.

Much as in mathematics, it's not so much the truth of the statement as its sheer, elegant simplicity, that makes it so brilliant. Read the whole post. It's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home