comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Verbing Drugs

Out of the blue, both Spencer and Michael take drugs and turn them into verbs. (Well, they don't take drugs; they use the names of drugs as verbs, but who could resist such phrasing?)

Spencer: ". . . my silly picture of an anti-skateboarding sign has been picked up, duplicated, and is methamphetamizing my web traffic." (emphasis added)

Michael: "Well, folks, I did not Lipitor my time in Chicago, though I think Janet might have done well to Zyrtec hers." (emphasis added)

Coincidence or zeitgeist? It's up to you to decitabine.

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! and there I was thinking I was all original and stuff! :)

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the Berube drug usage too - as Calvin (or is it Bill Watterson) said, "verbing weirds words."

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Lance said...

Nell was original. The best the rest of us can hope for is innovative immitation.

Calvin is funny as hell. This one's my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home