comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Must. Post. Picture.

Since I began this blog, I've made a conscious choice not to bring my family into it too much--the occasional mention of Lee (my wife) or Olivia (my daughter). But after Derek's post of Is's unbearably cute seven-month photo, I can't take it any more. So I thought I'd share a photo of Olivia, still in her crib on the morning of her first b-day (exactly one month ago). She's even still got tears in her eyes from the crying that let us (ok, Lee; I was still blissfully asleep) know she was awake:

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Margurette said...

Hi Lance! Loved the photo. Absolutely adorable, but I'm sure she gets that all the time these days. She's going to be a heart breaker. :) Just to comment along with derek, I'm in support of family blogs just for the very selfish reason that I'm on the other side of the world and I love to get my Massey Family fix any way possible. So keep them coming bc I'm defintely enjoying them. Hope all is well. Give Lee a hug for me! Cheers!!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Doc Mara said...

Cute and kinda sad. Crying kids always seem a little ambiguous. I can feel their helpless dependence in their sad/loving eyes.

Can somebody please pick me up and/or get me my woobie?

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Lance said...

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Yeah, I think I'll post a little more about family (from time to time); you never know who may be dropping by.

Derek: if Ohio and NY were a bit closer, I'd suggest a play group.

Margurette: Hi! Great to hear from you! I'll give Lee that hug, and I'm sure she'll send you one in return.

Andrew: Don't be sad; crying is just her way of letting us know she's ready to start her day (which, lately, tends to be around 5:30 a.m.--no shit). How's it going with the "somebody pick me up" effort? Any takers yet?

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Doc Mara said...

sport tried, but ultimately failed because of Fargo's icy surface. The owner of the Indian restaurant that we got our food at tonight wasn't in the mood for picking up some slobby white dude, either.

So...no takers. Guess you'll just have to heap some extra love on your little one, and I'll just feel good about that.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home