comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's Sooo Cold

How cold is it?

It's so cold that there was a sheet of ice (not a light frosting, mind you, but a sheet of actual ice) on the inside of one of our windows this morning.

It's so cold that when my piping hot mocha sloshed out of the spill-proof top in the parking lot, it was cold when it hit my fingers.

It's so cold that Lee and I dressed Olivia (who turned one yesterday!) in a Halloween kitty-cat suit because it's the warmest outfit she has.

It's -2 degrees. Without the windchill (-17 windchill).

But none of that will matter in a few hours, when I bust out my homemade wings, crack a few Pilsner Urquells, and watch the Bears open up a can of whoopass on the Colts.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger k8 said...

It's a tough decision for those of from the northern half of Indiana. The Bears are very popular in this region, too, and I cheered for them the last time they were in the Super Bowl. But, I decided that I should be loyal to the team that is actually from my home state. Ultimately, though, basketball is much more important;-)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Lance said...

The old 'tweener dilemma. It's a toughie. I lived in central Illinois for many years, and it is pretty evenly split between Cardinals and Cubs fans. And Bowling Green, my current home, is wedged in between "The" OSU and Michigan (BG is actually much closer to Ann Arbor than Columbus, but its being in Ohio kind of evens things out.)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger k8 said...

That was a sloppy game!

Well, Michigan is just evil (of course, I'm the child of a Michigan State grad). Geography can't even begin to explain the tensions between IU and Purdue. I was raised an IU fan, but when my brother decided to attend Purdue, our family had to tone it down a little.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Doc Mara said...

A can of whupa$$ was opened indeed, but my beloved Bears cut their fingers on said can.

And then drank their helping.

Oh, it's so cold here that all of the stories about how cold it is end with "well at least it isn't as cold as" my freakin' home state.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Lance said...

I guess you get used to it, though. I love that scene in Fargo (I know it's Minnesota, but it's not far from you) when the guy shovelling the snow from his driveway while wearing a parka with the hood cinched up says "they say she's gonna turn cold tomorrow."

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Doc Mara said...

I used to think that scene was funny as well. 'USED to think' in so many senses...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home