comp/lexus

A blog about life, language, writing, and other trivia.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Getting the Hang of It

I've been lurking among several academic blogs for the past year and a half (very occasionally commenting). Most of them are what you'd expect: regular to semi-regular posts mixing really interesting theoretical work in rhet/comp with more simple observations about things like daily life as an academic.

Thing is, it's easier said than done. The proverbial "blank page" feels especially blank, to me, at least, when I'm thinking I ought to post to my blog but haven't been inspired, or even dimly struck, by much of anything. I'm still new, of course, and I suppose I'll gradually, or, more likely, suddenly (since such things tend to display a "tipping point"-type behavior) start "thinking like a blogger." That is, I suspect I'll develop habits of thinking, acting, and writing that are conducive to good blogging. Until then, and even after, though, I'll continue to be impressed by bloggers who can post regularly and produce consistently clever, and often moving, writing.

I'll do my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home